We were answering this questionnaire for a customer and thought it was a great way of summarizing what Pulsar can do.
Can the app work in offline mode and to what degree?
A: Pulsar is a fully functional offline application with Read/Write/Create/Delete capabilities. It also lets you run business rules (validation rules, triggers and custom UI screens via HTML support).
1. Ability to plan own trips (basic)
2. Ability to modify a trip plan
3. Ability to automatically create an optimised plan for multiple trips (advanced)
4. “check in” to customer site
We can set up a custom button that would automatically log activity.
5. Record notes of visit
6. Take pictures on phone during visit (and attach on Salesforce record)
7. View customer account data from salesforce
8. View documents from salesforce (eg plantograms)
9. Complete a survey on device
10. Does App support Custom Objects/Tabs?
Support and Product Enhancement
11. App works fully offline, and will sync to SFDC when connectivity returns
12. Global / Local support for App
Currently the support team is located in the US but we have plans to extend them globally.
13. Support model summary (how support works)
Please find attached Pulsar licensing and support agreement. It outlines our support policies.
14. Customer reference sites / case studies
Sure. We have several customers who are using the app. Happy to set up a reference call.
15. Salesforce: Managed vs UnManaged Package
The premium version of the app deploys a managed package into their Salesforce instance.
16. Vendor open to enhancing app (themselvs vs Implementation partner)
There are two components to this request. If the enhancement request is to the product itself, Luminix implements them. If they want to change the UI, implement custom UI/Workflow, they can work with the partner.
17. App Build Type: Native, Hybrid (HTML5), Other
18. Supports Android – Android support in September
19. Supports iOS – YES
Monthly Cost (USD) – $35/month/user
Pricing structure – Volume discounts offered.
21. Company Background – Please refer to the Pulsar overview presentation. Company founded by seasoned enterprise software experts.
22. Appexchange Ratings / Reviews – 89 five start reviews. Our customers love us!
I want to know whether the Pulsar premium will work well enough on desktop as much on an ipad? My requirement is to access salesforce offline from desktop as well as ipad.
Hi Amita, Yes. Pulsar can run on a Desktop/PC as long as it is running Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
Can Pulsar be used on an android phone?
Yes. Pulsar runs on Android 5.0 and up.
Is there a support phone number I can call to answer more questions?
We would like to test Pulsar for a client who needs offline features. Is there any chance you could facilitate a test license of Pulsar Premium?
I am Ganesh Shinde, Salesforce Developer from Aress Softwares.
We have a business scenario that Pulsar App can suffice the requirements.
We have followed the steps from the document you have published on – https://luminix.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PD/pages/57999373/1.+Quick+Setup+Guide+for+Pulsar
This is a great app to use Salesforce records in offline mode. Syncing of custom objects is a leap step.
It is the creation of new records for standard/custom objects we have more interest in.
It would be very helpful if you provide the support for completing the requirement.
Hi Ganesh, Thanks for contacting us. We will send you an email to coordinate working on this project. Thanks!
One of our vendors are recommending pulsar app for our Salesforce FSL implementation, we have a complex requirement for managing Multiple tier work orders, task and a strong desire for configuring custom objects. Based on my limited research I see you have some robust/mature app for CRM. I am not sure about your FSL capabilities. Is it possible for you to share any whitepaper/implementation guide you may have specifically for FSL. Of course having offline capability is key.
Hi Abha, sent you an email. We have a close partnership with Salesforce regarding FSL support within Pulsar. Happy to walk you through those details.